Chillin' in Baltimore



Last week I took a longer than expected drive to visit my good friends Becky and Noel in Baltimore. I stopped near Fairfax to see my brother and have some dinner at Whole Foods. It was an easy 4 hours there and it was supposed to be another hour and a half from there to Baltimore. I managed to get lost and take 3 hours to get there.

The Saturday June 21st, we went to the American Visionary Art Museum. I'm a fan of PostSecret and saw that there was a PostSecret exhibit at the museum. It was cool to see some of the actual postcards that people have made and mailed to PostSecret. They were part of an exhibition call All Faiths Beautiful, so all the cards were about religion. You can't take photos inside, but the outside is cool.



We met Becky's friend Joanna for dinner at The Helmand, a fantastic Afghan restaurant run by the brother of Afghan president Hamid Karzai.



Laser cats! One of Joanna's kitties



Noel is a whiz in the kitchen. Saturday morning crêpes!



More food...and hot chocolate, too!


More eats! On Sunday we met Ambie and Renee for dim sum in Columbia. Ambie is a friend from our high school days.

0 comments: