I made this wallet



I made my first wallet! Well...I did make those wallets out of comic books and vinyl a few years ago. But those weren't really usable. This one was much more complicated! I'm new to sewing, so this took me all day to make. I need to be packing and cleaning for my big move, but I decided to craft today. I found some awesome wallets on etsy and wanted to try to make my own. Some of you have seen the ratty old wallet I've been using that I got in New Zealand five years ago. I don't have an etsy shop yet, but I'd really like to have one eventually.



Moving on...I used this tutorial, but I had to make some changes to suit the size of my fabric scraps. The blue fabric with the flowers was a piece I intended for a quilt I'm making for my parents. But I messed it up cutting, so I used it for the wallet instead. It's from a duvet I found at Goodwill for $4.00. I intend to make a dress with it, too...so you'll be seeing it again! The red fabric was from some red scrubs I had in my stash, also from Goodwill a while back. The inside pocket is meant to have a zipper, but I didn't want to use up any of my zippers for my "test" wallet. The sewing is pretty sloppy, and I was too lazy to change the thread on my sewing machine to match the fabric. But overall, I'm happy with my first wallet. I'll definitely be making more!

0 comments: