Ballard Farmers Market


This morning I went to the Ballard Farmers Market. It's a year-round farmers market every sunday only a few miles from our place. Rain was expected in the afternoon, but this morning was beautiful. So, armed with a list for me and Joanna, I set off for the market.


My haul from the market...cherries, nectarines, peaches, apples, blueberries, basil, mint, bok choy, and some leafy greens, (yam leaves? I don't know what they are, but I like to stir-fry them.)

If it weren't for the cherries and blueberries, this would have been a pretty modestly priced trip to the market. But blueberries and cherries are expensive foods, and these are the last cherries of the season. The cherries were $3.99/lb and organic. And the blueberries were $15 for the big flat, which I think is comparable (if not cheaper) to what I've paid at the supermarket.

0 comments: