Day Four: Minneapolis to Bismarck, ND



I had originally planned to go to the Mall of America while I was in Minneapolis. Not because I wanted to shop, but just to see it since I'm here. But this morning I decided that I didn't really want to go all that much. So I skipped the mall and went on my way. I considered taking a detour to go see the World's Largest Ball of Twine made by a single person. But I decided to stick to the things closer to the interstate. I was disappointed to find out that I was very near the SPAM museum in Minnesota yesterday. Oh well...I hit some traffic just outside of Minneapolis, and wondered if I should have gone to see the ball of twine. I stopped for gas at Fergus Falls where there was this Continental Divide monument. It's just next to a gas station, no one really pays attention. kind of boring....


I stopped at the Fargo visitor center. They have a walk of fame with 100 celebrity hand/foot prints in cement. Here are a few. Hmm, Bill Gates and I wear the same size glove.


The Space Aliens bar and grill in Fargo.


Today's drive was pretty easy. Just six hours on I-94. The speed limit in North Dakota is 75 (120 km/h), but I drive slower than that. I don't like the way my car sounds at 75mph. It's a nice drive unless you're running low on gas. I forgot to get gas when I stopped in jamestown to see the world's largest buffalo. Then I drove past fields and farms and exits with no gas stations. I was worried I'd be stuck by the side of the road with a mobile phone with no signal. But I did find a gas station and all was well.



I made a stop in Jamestown, North Dakota to see the World's Largest Buffalo and Frontier Village.




Frontier Village was a nice stop on the way. It was free, so worth the price. I was amused with the mannequins.




Inside one room schoolhouse.


Nearby Frontier Fort. It's mainly a gift shop and restaurant with some buffalo in the back that you can feed. Also a strange "museum" that looks more like it's used for storage.


The Space Aliens restaurant in Bismarck is right by my hotel. I decided I had to check it out.

1 comments:

Carrie said...

You're my kind of road tripper Tina. Good luck for the rest of your trip. You're half way there! I'll see you next week!