My Tomato


I made this over the weekend. It's not finished yet. I ran out of stuffing, so it's nearly done. I couldn't wait to share :)
I think this may be the first item in my shop. Except for the thread, it's made entirely of repurposed or recycled materials. I'm very happy with it. It turned out better than I expected. I need to figure out what to price it at. Anyone care to throw in their two cents? Let's not compare to made in china prices. $40, $50, $60...? too high?


On a somewhat related note, basil goes with tomatoes...
On my second night in Seattle, Joanna and I went to this cheap phở place down the street for dinner. I think it's only $4.75 a bowl or something. They always give you bean sprouts and thai basil with the soup. So, I took the basil stems home, stuck them in water...and a week later they started rooting. I just planted them a few days ago and they seem to be thriving. I've tried this a few times before, but they always seemed to die when I put them in pots. So yay, we have thai basil! I got some mint from the market yesterday that I'm going to try to grow, too.

1 comments:

becky said...

I love your tomato!!! It looks much bigger in the picture where you are holding it! It looks delicious - we have been going through a tomato mozarella and basil salad phase while tomatoes are available at the farmer's market, and your pillow makes me hungry. How long did it take you to make it? That will help determine how much i think you should sell it for. But definitely at least $40.