Bed Sheet Skirt


I made my first piece of clothing, and I love it! I found this fitted sheet at Goodwill and decided that it must become a skirt. I got this pattern at Joann's for two dollars, McCall's M5591. It wasn't hard. It just took me a while to decipher the pattern instructions. I have a hard time with patternspeak, and I haven't been sewing for very long. It has pockets!

the fabric is pretty thin, so I had to improvise a lining for it. I made the lining too short, but it does the job. It's like a miniskirt inside another skirt. The lining and the yellow band at the bottom are from another bed sheet. I've become a familiar face in the linen section of Goodwill.



It's a comfortable skirt.

3 comments:

becky said...

That is so cute!! You seriously need to be on etsy. Or maybe people could hire you to be a fake logo detector!! You could do all your research from home on your tomato pillow.

Wasted Teenager Records said...

Tina, you have a good f**king eye for stuff like this. How long did it take you? You could sell that for $100.00.

mittens said...

Thanks for the comments! It was fun to make, probably took 2-3 hours, not counting the time it took to figure out how patterns work. Tomatoes are still the most fun though!