Boring....


Did you watch the debate? John McCain was an angry little guy. i'll leave the politics aside for a moment, but I just loved this image. I think he was trying to be kind of silly, but it really does not create a flattering photo.

Also, there's a good article on what Europeans think of Sarah Palin. I'm glad I'm not the only one that took offense to her comment about why she never got a passport until 2006.

“I’m not one of those who maybe came from a background of, you know, kids who perhaps graduate college, and their parents get them a passport and a backpack and say, ‘Go off and travel the world.’ No…. I was not part of, I guess, that culture.” - Sarah Palin

I also thought that elite meant "the best", maybe just not in America.

And Rick Steves, Rick Steves! He says this.
"I understand that many people just can’t afford to travel. But anyone with the money to own a snowmobile and the time to hunt moose has the money to learn a bit about our world through international travel. What Palin lacks is not money, but curiosity." - Rick Steves
Thank you Rick Steves!! Read it here.

Other than that...It's been a pretty uneventful week. My car is in the shop...again. The battery was on its very last legs, so I got it replaced over the weekend. The weather is getting colder, and I didn't want to have any problems when I had to take my mom to the airport. So, my car has been sounding like a lawnmower since somewhere around North Dakota of my cross-country trip. Turns out I have an exhaust leak. Probably related to all the salty winter roads in ohio...anyway, so there's a hole somewhere under my car. There goes another $300 into my car. Strange to think that that was my rent at one point in my life. now it's so much more! I've also been told by more than one person that I need new tires, and that my brakes are wearing thin. Erg!

My favorite blog of the moment...don't read if you take offense to McCain/Palin bashing. It's very funny.


Bleh!

0 comments: