Chinatown


Last Saturday we also went to chinatown. After checking out a few nearby parks, we headed down to the international district for lunch. We ate at one of the first restaurants we saw. Most of the restaurant was taken up by a 90th birthday celebration. We had to listen to the "entertainment" the whole time. This clip isn't particularly bad. There was an especially terrible version of "Always" that I wish I had recorded instead. Mmm...pan-fried noodles!



We checked out Uwajimaya, a pretty fantastic japanese supermarket. We bought a few packs of various sashimi for later.


These are geoducks. From wikipedia:
Native to the northwest coast of the United States and Canada (primarily Washington and British Columbia),the geoduck is the largest burrowing clam in the world, weighing in at an average of one to three pounds (0.5 - 1.5 kg) at maturity...Geoducks are one of the longest-living organisms in the Animal Kingdom. They have a life expectancy of about 146 years, with the oldest recorded at over 160 years...


We stopped at Kerry Park on the way back even though it was cloudy. I knew Mt Rainer wouldn't be visible, but I wanted to show them the view of the city. It was a brief stop, very windy and cold. We parked in front of a nice house across the street from the park. It had a realtor sign in front of it, so Tom looked up the address on his blackberry...The house was on the market for $6 million.

enjoying our sashimi at home.


My mom got these laughing pigs in china a while ago, and I've been wanting pair of them for myself. I love them. One is female and one is male. Anyway, she brought these over for me, so they're mine now!

0 comments: