I think Sarah Palin called me elitist

I'm trying to keep the political musings off of this blog, but this pertains to my love of travel. And John McCain's VP pick made a comment that I took offense to. I had read this quote from Sarah Palin, and it pissed me off. But I just saw the actual video where she said it, and I'm very pissed off. I feel it came off even more condescending in person.

“I’m not one of those who maybe came from a background of, you know, kids who perhaps graduate college and their parents give them a passport and give them a backpack and say go off and travel the world. No, I’ve worked all my life. In fact, I usually had two jobs all my life until I had kids. I was not a part of, I guess, that culture."

-Sarah Palin - When asked why she only obtained a passport last year

I think this beauty queen is calling me elitist. You don’t need your parents to tell you to travel the world…or to get a passport. You do that yourself, bitch. I've worked, too. I just chose to spend my money on plane tickets instead of hunting rifles. If you think being close to Russia accounts for foreign policy experience, why haven't you ever been there? Okay, back to crafting....debates tonight!

0 comments: