My Silly Sunday

I dropped my mom off at the airport this morning at 5:30. Since IKEA is close to the airport, I was intent on going there while I was in the area. It's a half hour drive from home, so I don't come here much. I have a short list of things I need anyway. But where to go at 5:45 in the morning on a Sunday? I didn't feel like going home. I drove around looking for a coffee shop or a McDonalds or something, but couldn't find anything. So I ended up in the parking lot of a movie theatre because they had the brightest parking lot lighting...I perused the sunday paper, played some games on my phone. Finally at 7:00 the parking lot filled with black birds. They were all over the parking lot and in the trees, and the sky was purple, very halloween. And me without my camera. Anyway...I was getting cold, so I decided to drive around. Turns out there was a Starbucks just around the corner, and they had been open since 5:30am. Doh! Oh well, I don't know if they'd have been happy with me hanging out there for three and half hours anyway. So, I ordered a pumpkin latte and read my book for two hours, then headed to IKEA after nine to have breakfast. Their restaurant opens an hour before the store, and they have a small one dollar breakfast. Then at 10:00 people start pouring into the store. I got what I came for, which was some fabulous fabric. unfortunately I've misplaced my camera, so no pictures today. So I thought I'd post this card that made me laugh today on postsecret because I kind of agree. Also because I finally got my absentee ballot. Woohoo!

0 comments: