The Gnome Chomsky Effect



I'm looking at silk-screening supplies. I was hoping Joann's would have some so I could use my 50% off coupon, but they don't. I've been wanting to add silk-screening to my craft stash for a while, but the budget hasn't allowed it. Where's a Pat Catan's when you need one? In the past I've used a cheap method involving an embroidery hoop, glue, sheer curtain material and a rubber spatula. Here's a tutorial. It's time consuming, but you can't beat the cost savings. This is the method I used for my dog pillows.

Lately I've been wanting to try to print my own fabric. You can print custom fabrics at Spoonflower, which is wonderful! But it's still beyond my price range...plus i'd like to do it myself. Mostly because I want some garden gnome fabric. I love garden gnomes. I've been looking for a pocket sized one that I can take on my travels, but I haven't found one yet. If anyone finds some please let me know! I'm inspired by my pajamas. I also lurv those garden gnome plates. Want!

0 comments: