My First Cold in Seattle


I've got a bit of a cold, so I whipped out the cold meds. But I don't have a runny nose so I'm laying off the alka-selzer for now. Just a sore throat and headache. You might remember the pills I bought in Japan. I still don't know what they are for, what's in them, or how much to take. But the picture on the box looks like it's for headaches and throat aches. They took care of my aches when I had the flu in Japan, and they don't knock me out or get me high like American drugs. Maybe it's just aspirin, I don't know. But they were expensive so I hope there's something special in those pills.

I made myself some chicken noodle soup. Ingredients: Water, chicken, carrots, celery, onion, bouillon, noodles, salt. The chicken is local, and vegetables and bouillon are organic. Feed that cold. Better than Campbell's.


Joanna makes green smoothies. Ingredients: Apple, banana, carrots, broccoli, spinach, protein powder, ice.


We got out the juicer and made more fruit cream. I wish I had a better picture of the fruit coming out of the machine. It looked like poop. We call it fruit poop, in pineapple and berries. We didn't used bananas this time. It would have been funny to say "This shit is bananas!"

0 comments: