Orange you glad for a new post?

Boy, it's been a long time since I've posted anything. Well, I've have had nothing to post. That's the reason. This past weekend I did try making my first clutch. I even put a label in it! I just wanted to see how it would look, as this one is not worthy enough to be offered for sale. Normally I'd put the label on the outside of the pocket, but I had already finished sewing the pocket before I remembered to sew the label on. It didn't turn out exactly as I had imagined, but kind of close. The polka dots are from a duvet I found at the thrift shop. I've also seen the same duvet actually used as a duvet in a house we looked at. But I think it works jolly well as a purse.

I also managed to make a handbag last week for a friend's birthday. I shipped it a week ago to japan, so I'm going to go ahead and post it and assume she's not going to read my blog. I just put the wallet in for scale, but they look good together, eh? The wallet was actually one of my practice wallets, so I didn't mail that.
Wallet and purse
Hmmm, this orange lining is becoming a theme of mine. Thanks to Becky for donating some orange bed linens for my fabric stash!
New purse!

0 comments: