The hostel has free bikes, so I took one out one day and road around the city. They have bike lanes, and some bike traffic lights :-) These are netball courts and the Canterbury Draught brewery.
Hagerty Park is adjacent to the Botanic Gardens. There's a path that goes around the park, so I rode that around for a while. There are some great big trees. It's autumn here, so the leaves are changing.
The park is pretty big. I went to the Botanic Gardens afterwards for the last time before I left Christchurch. Here's a duck couple chatting in the gardens.

When I was here a few years ago, it was spring. There were daffodils everywhere. It was wonderful!


I stopped by the Arts Centre on the way back to the hostel. On weekends there's a nice market here with arts and crafts, food and music. This used to be the University of Canterbury, but now it's a maze of shops and artist studios.


0 comments:
Post a Comment